Long gone are the days when remodeling a bathroom was a simple task. In the modern days, you will have to go through a lot of jargon. Most of such details can be confusing for someone planning it for the first time. However, it is not possible to make the right decision about them. Although, the details about bathroom fittings and fixtures can be overwhelming. But we are here to explain and will discuss all the details you need to know about them.
Bathroom Fittings and Bathroom Fixtures – What’s The Difference?
Before we discuss any further, it is important to know how bathroom fitting differs from fixtures? The fittings are types of items or utilities that you can fit or remove easily without any worry. For example, a mirror or a vanity unit is an example. On the other hand, the fixtures are the type of utilities that, once fit, can not be removed easily. You will need some plumbing and reconstruction work to complete it.
List of Bathroom Fixtures.
Now that we understand that difference let us discuss what comes in each category.
1-Toilet. It is essential and perhaps the most used fixture in every household. If you are going to replace, upgrade, or install a new toilet, it is important that you know about its main types.
- Close Coupled Toilet. It is a single unit toilet that has its bowl and cistern closely joined together. You should choose this type of toilet if you need something that is easier to fit and maintain. Moreover, these cost less in comparison to all other choices. Although it might be the type of toilet that you are already using, ensure the choose the one with a rimless bowl and dual flush cistern. Contrary to largely held belief, these are suitable for both small and large bathrooms.
- Back to Wall Toilet. Another option that you will have for your bathroom is btw type of toilet. These have separate bowls and cisterns that are joined together with a concealed cistern or a WC unit. This type of toilet offers a neater finish in comparison to the close coupled toilet. However, these are a bit expensive and difficult to fit.
- Wall Hung Toilet. It is the minimalist toilet design that is known for its luxurious looks. With only the toilet pan visible, you don’t need much space for it in the bathroom. That’s why these are extensively installed in the cloakrooms and small bathrooms. However, these have higher unit and installation costs.
2- Baths. Another common fixture in the bathroom is a bathtub. These are an important part of most bathrooms. Not only are these great for providing you a highly relaxing bath but also become a focal point in terms of aesthetics. It may not be an option for a small bathroom but still can be considerable in small sizes for any such space.
- Straight Baths. These are the standard types of baths that are a perfect choice for fitting along the wall or between two walls. Available in various sizes, you can choose the one that is a perfect fit for your bathroom.
- Shower Baths. The shower bath is suitable if you want to enjoy a shower over the bath as well. Such baths are available in various shapes like P and L shapes, where you can install a shower on the one end and create spacious shower area.
3- Bathroom Sink. Another important fixture for a bathroom is a bathroom sink that is available in various shapes. For a small bathroom, you can choose a vanity sink unit, While for the standard size, a pedestal sink can be an option. Your choice, whether a wall hung or fitted sink, will depend on your preference and bathroom layout.
Bathroom Fittings. The bathroom fittings are available in a range of types and choices. From bathroom accessories to freestanding cabinets and mirrors, fittings can be easily removable when you want.
- Bathroom Mirror. It is an importantitem for every bathroom. After all, you essentially need to see your face every day. These may or may not be with a cabinet, depending on your choice. These are available in various shapes and sizes.
- Bathroom Accessories. There are many small items that we use every day in the bathroom, which are accessories. Some examples of such accessories can be soap dishes, soap dispensers, toilet roll holders, etc. You should choose accessories that coordinate well with your bathroom theme.
- Bathroom Furniture. Another important fitting for the bathroom is cabinet storage. Available in various shapes and sizes, you can choose the one that fits best for you. You will need to choose between a freestanding or a wall hung vanity unit, depending on your needs.
In this article, we have a discussion about various bathroom essential fittings and fixtures. With so many options to choose from, it is important to know as much as possible about these. You can go through the list provided to have an idea about the items you will need for a bathroom makeover.